Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Sign of Spring.



My boy's kindergarten teacher asked the students to bring in a sign of spring next week at school. Nathan wants to go out and get a photo of a bird's nest, and that gave me the idea for this card.



I made it with 2 challenges in mind. First the latest Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.

And the PALE BLUE EASTER challenge at The Ribbon Reel.


Also -new topic, you can stop reading if you need to, I understand :)
Why did it take me so long to discover Pinterest?! Seriously! In the search bar I'll type any random object that can be remade or reused and it's endless inspiration. I put in "book" and found planters, shelves, tables, etc, ad nauseam.... all made out of books! The point I'm getting to is that I take no credit in these Scrabble coasters. I didn't come up with the idea but LOVED it when I saw it and had to make some. The name magnets I did just because I actually had all the right letters left over.





Thanks for stopping by,
Hope you had a great Easter. Mmmmm chocolate,
Farrah

10 comments:

Jill said...

Love those coasters Farrah! Love your card by the way - that ribbon bow is a beauty - always think its difficult to get the ties pointing in the right direction!! Jill x

JanR said...

I adore your card!! Lovely, clean and the wood (twigs, reeds???) are brilliant!

Love what you did with the Scrabble tiles too.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, love the twig embellishments! Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Farrah! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your spring card! I haven't started 'pinning' yet but probably will have to see what all the fuss is about soon. Just don't want to end up needing to spend more time on the computer than I already do or my family will disown me.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your TT win! Your card is lovely. Have a great week.

Helen F. said...

Beautifully done, Farrah. Love the Spring twigs. Congrats on your TT win!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Gorgeous, Farrah! I love the twigs! So creative... Congrats on the TT shout-out, too. Super well-deserved! The scrabble coasters are really cool...I haven't seen those before. Yes, Pinterest is addictive ;)

JenMarie said...

Oh how absolutely LOVELY!

Helen Berry said...

Really beautiful CAS card - I love the natural touch you created by adding the little sticks and the little bird label too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.