Sunday, December 11, 2011

Uhmmm...I'll See.

That was my mantra while making this card. It's been a while since I played along in any challenges, so I was all set to go, desk clean, and fingers itching to start. I decided to use the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays as inspiration.



And I knew I wanted to make a Christmas card. I decided to use poinsettia -ish shaped flowers as a mask and mist around them. I own 3 different mist colours but they're all very light and I wanted something bolder, so I decided to ink up a toothbrush and flick it on to the paper. That was when I first paused, thought "will this even work?...... Uhm...... I'll see" I also worried about how the flower/leaves cutouts were being used for masking. I don't have any removable adhesive and I knew even the smallest bit of tape would ruin the paper so I flattened the flowers as snug against the paper as possible but was all the misting and ink flicking gonna blow them out of place? Uhmmm well I guess I'll see.



I used gold mist first. It's so sparkly when the light hits it at a good angle. Then added blue and purple ink....the flowers didn't even budge!




Also for these challenges -
Crafty Emma. TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS
Our Craft Lounge. CAS CHRISTMAS
My Mum's Craft Shop. TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS
Simon Says Stamps. CHRISTMAS PHOTO INSPIRATION.

Lastly, to my loyal readers, the craft show went very well! I had a ton of fun, met some really great people, and made enough money to make it all worth it. I'm already looking forward to doing another one next year.

Thanks,
Farrah

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is so creative to use the mist and non-conventional colors for Christmas card! LOVE the pretty misting effect! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

JanR said...

Pretty! And way to make what you had work. Make sure you wash your toothbrush off really well before you use it on your teeth. *giggle snort*

I tried my luck at a craft show once. All I got out of it was half a book read and some pity-buys. Glad it went well for you!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! the extra bling really finishes it off perfectly! Hugs juls

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous card ....
Hugs sylvie
xx

Jill said...

Oooh Farrah just love the simplicity of that card! Jill x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, love the bling & the simplicity of it!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Michelle said...

Very pretty! That masking/misting technique is gorgeous.

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a pretty card - the colour is lovely!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for joining in our photo montage inspiration last week with Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog , hope to see you again this week
xxx

Karen B. said...

This is so pretty! Your colors and embellishments are perfect. Thanks for tackling the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!